Dexter Varnell is an expert inspector, investigator, and consultant. His expertise includes structural, building envelope and mechanical components of of all types of buildings.
Specific areas of expertise include the following:
- Deteriorated properties – Perform anti-neglect Inspections for Memphis Fire Department Anti Neglect Division. Perform construction defect inspections.
- Fire damaged trusses – Prepare repair plans for Sharp Robbins Popwell Construction.
- Failed foundations – Prepare repair plans and the refer capable contractors for residential structures
- Roofing and waterproofing – Assessments include leak detection, general condition, and proper installation. Clients include insurance companies and attorneys.
- Structural design of wood members – Services include consultation for residential repairs.
- Construction in progress – Perform draw inspections for Granite Construction Inspections and Nationwide Inspections.
- Seismic hazards – Has expertise in the Rapid Visual Screening Assessments of Buildings for Potential Seismic Hazards and Post Earthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings.