- Registered Professional Engineer in Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi.
- NABIE Board Certified Building Inspection Engineer
- Received patent #3638738 – Feb. 1972 – Pile Driving Apparatus
- Business: MBA in finance from Memphis State University, Memphis, Tennessee in August 1983
- Engineering: BS Civil Engineering from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas in June 1968
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Home Inspectors
- Construction Specifications Institute
- Engineers Club of Memphis
- International Code Congress
- Masonry Institute of Tennessee
- National Academy of Building Inspection Engineers
- National Frame Building Association
May 1981 to Present: Self employed registered professional engineer with duties as follow:
Served as expert witness and arbitrator in construction related disputes. Perform pre-purchase inspections and write reports on residential and light commercial buildings. Prepare construction defects reports for attorneys. Prepare building condition surveys for the Anti-Neglect division of the Memphis Fire Department. Provide design and inspection services on building foundations. Perform engineering evaluations and write reports on foundation failures, structural cracks, defective roofing, and other types of building defects. Perform drainage, waterproofing and roof consultation services. Provide structural design services for residential renovation projects. Provide repair plans for failed foundations. Provide designs for segmental block retaining walls.
November 1978 to April 1981: Project engineer for Lewellyn Fabrication Company, Memphis, Tennessee with duties as follows:
Acted as liaison between metal fabrication shop and customer. Purchased materials, provided shop drawings, performed structural and mechanical design.
June 1968 to November 1978: Worked in an engineering capacity for the following firms, with location, and duties as follows:
- Ram Inc., Crossett, Ark.: Structural Steel Designer
- Rust Engineering Co., Birmingham, AL: Safety Engineer
- Teledyne Brown, Huntsville, AL: Design Engineer
- Koen Engineers, Houston, TX: Civil Engineer
- Natl. Steel Products, Houston, TX: Civil/Struct. Engr.
- M. Baker Consulting Engr., Houston, TX: Civil Engineer
- Brown & Root Marine, Houston, TX: Project Engineer